How to Have a Great Night Hanging IN!
Have a Great Night With Your Friends Without Spending Money or Leaving the House!
So, it’s the weekend. You’re sick of video games and all of your babysitting money has dried up. How do you still have a great time hanging out with friends without spending a ton of money? Here are some great ideas for you to share with your friends and you never even have to leave the house!
- Recycled Jeans
Dig up some pairs of jeans you haven’t worn in a while and recycle them into something new. Here are some links for some cool projects that you can do tonight!
- DIY Pencil Holder: http://tinyurl.com/jpmb6wg
- Dip Dyed Jeans: (this one is really awesome)
- Draw on Your Jeans with Bleach Pens: http://tinyurl.com/zr7pwpt
- Sweater Swap
Gather together all the clothes you never wear and have your friends do the same. Put them all in a big pile, then take turns pulling pieces out and trying them on. You’ll end up with more clothes you could score in a shopping trip, and they’ll all be free!
- Collage Night
Pile all of your old magazines together, grab scissors, glue and posterboard and get your creative juices flowing. Make one creation for someone special or find words and pictures that really mean something to you and make one for your locker. Or, dream big and create Vision Boards while thinking about your dreams for the future.
- Coloring Night. This may sound like preschool all over again but coloring is very cool again. Have you been in a book or craft store lately? Coloring books are hot!!! There are also tons of places on the Internet that have free coloring pages for you to download and print out. While there are lots of awesome coloring apps for your phone, when you get together with friends, it’s more fun to do it old school with paper and markers. Here’s a link to tons of different coloring pages
- Dessert Duel. This is one you will have to check with your parents about but if they’re game, you can have a great time and eat some great treats too.
Pull together some random dessert ingredients like chocolate chips, ice cream, fruit, peanut butter, whip cream, nuts, graham crackers, marshmallows or whatever else sounds good. (Don’t forget the sprinkles!) Also be careful if any of your guests have allergies and keep that food out of the mix.
Lay out all of the ingredients on a table and have everyone make their own creation. Have a contest for who has the best looking dessert and who has the best tasting dessert. You could have prizes or not, the best prize will be eating your own dessert extraordinaire!
Have fun this weekend and let us know if you have any other ideas for how to spend time with friends at home without breaking the bank. Post the pics of your dessert on Instagram #GNDessert or on Facebook